What is Delta Dollars for Scholars?
- Delta Dollars for Scholars is a local scholarship foundation.
- Its Board of Directors consists of all volunteers.
- Its purpose is to expand access to educational opportunities by using
the community in supporting the students.
Who may apply for a scholarship?
- Dollars for Scholars believes any sincere and determined person should
have the opportunity to continue his or her education. Scholarships can be
2-year, 4-year, or vocational and technical colleges.
How are funds for local awards provided?
- Through a variety of fundraising activities
- Also from local businesses, service organizations, and individuals who
desire to sponsor scholarships in their name.
For those wishing to establish endowed scholarships, Delta Dollars for Scholars
may be named as a beneficiary in wills and insurance policies or receive gifts
Front: C. Prince, S. Fox, H. Barnard, S.
Helfrich, T. Christman
Back: J. May, J. Brown, V. Reade, T.
Johns, J. Horst, K. Irving-Marino, K. Bullock
information on Delta Dollars for Scholars or to donate click
October 6, 2012
Delta High School Football Field
Register as an individual or a team of 7.
All proceeds go toward Delta Dollars for Scholars.
Registraion Form for
for Punt, Pass and Kick
The first tournament was lots of fun.
Join us for more fun this fall.
Would you like to get rid of
your paper recycling and help Delta Dollars for Scholars? You can
bring all paper recycling products to Delta Middle School to place in our dumpster. So clean out all of your old boxes,
magazines and newspapers and bring them to Delta Middle School to
recycle and help make money for scholarships for Delta students.
Why is it Important?
- Because costs for higher education are
- They can make a strong, collective
statement about the importance of education beyond high school.
How are local scholarships
- By completing a common application form,
students become eligible for several local awards.
- Applications are scored anonymously by
trained volunteers serving on an Awards Committee.
Anyone in the community can help Delta Dollars
for Scholars in two ways:
Make a contribution.
We encourage you to give as generously as you can, but be assured that any and
all gifts are appreciated.
Share your time, your
skills and your ideas. We invite your help with any of our
fund-raising events throughout the year.
Together, through Delta Dollars for Scholars,
we have an opportunity to invest in our greatest resource, our youth. Together
we really can make a difference.